My Trip to Budapest Part One


A bit more than a week ago I have been to Budapest with my friend and of course took most of the memories with me to share them with you in words and pictures now. A couple of videos are on my SD card too, I just haven't found the time to see through them yet. I will separate it in two posts, one for each day since I took a lot of pictures. 
I hope you will enjoy it! :) 

We arrived at like 10 in the morning at the airport, took the train to the inner city which needed around 45 minutes. The train was really different to the ones which I'm used to in Germany. There were lots of people and it was very slow. Kinda reminded me of Harry Potter or so! Then at the end station we had to walk like 15 minutes to our apartment.


This was the backyard of it, felt in love with the crispy colorful leaves immediately. Unfortunately I didn't took photos of the apartment itself but it was a two-floor flat which we have booked over Airbnb. In the second floor was a huge cozy bed. We had an own bathroom, even a little kitchen. Such a wonderful place! We left our luggage there and headed to the city very quickly. On the way we came across a really cute small organic café which had plant-based milk as well. We both got ourselves a coffee to go and the adventure began. The cakes below were from a small bakery or something next to a supermarket which we have explored. Supermarkets are always so exciting to me.






We met a friend and tattooist who gave us some tips about places which we can explore throughout the day. He also told us about the Royal Palace which we just needed to check out. Then followed the street over a bridge. The view was just breathtaking, not to mention the weather on this day. We were really lucky!






At the picture below I was like:" Oh my god look at these two cute ladies there, please take a pic of me in front of them!!" Jumped on the bench and smiled like a lil baby because I have this weakness for cute old women! Who knows maybe they know each other since school days already ♥ Next to me on the bench was some stuff like books, even food which was for free I think.


On the way to the castle we came across a little garage sale store where an old man sold very old vintage things. I have found a little black and golden Sphinx cat figure which I just had to take with me. It gave me a memory of someone but I wanted it so bad and it was quite cheap. You'll probably see it on my pictures on future somewhere. Then we climbed up the palace and damn, that view tho!




Pins above: "Sensitive As Fuck" Pin from Starseed Supply Co., Skull from Ginnakae, Mermaid from Betty Ratbag










Then we went down again across a beautiful valley, back over another bridge and right into the city where we came across some really cute stores. We've found one vintage store that I felt in love with. It is called Szputnyik and there were actually three of them in town, I only went into one tho. The stuff there is selected vintage, means quite expensive and you literally fall in love with everything you see. There was just this one coat that I had to take with me cause it was cheap, perfect and I need one for winter. I talked to the lady at the checkout and asked her if I can take photos of the store :)





The Marilyn Manson Patch!!





I also went into DM which we have here in Germany too. I was just very curious about their assortment, always with my eyes open for vegan treats. I bought a little package of rice milk coffee which I tried on my way back to the airport. It was really good! The DM was quite similar to ours but had different stuff there too. Especially these packages below were eye-catching to me!






In the end of the day we went to a place called Napfényes Étterem which is a completely vegan restaurant. It was pretty hidden in the streets, only found it because I planned to go there before already. The waitress was very kind and lovely to us. Also it was super cozy in there. I think we were like the only guests which was a surprise to us. We decided for a Three Cheese Pizza and the Steak Fries with a Tartar Sauce Dip. I have to admit that the pizza wasn't great at all. The cheese was disgusting, just too much and not tasty at all and even more strange in combination with the olives. But the fries were nice, especially the dip. I think the food there in general is great, we just made the wrong decision with this pizza as it's very hard to find good vegan cheese, especially when people try to put three kinds of them on one thing! There were also cakes, cookies and other treats available, we were just so full already and haven't bought anything. The prices were also great, in general Budapest is quite cheap in compare to Germany. We finished the day in the apartment with cheap wine from Lidl :D I'm really excited to follow with the second part soon case I'm showing you my exploration of my personal highlight, the Cat Café!! :)


10 comments :

  1. Hey. It has been a while that I commented on one of your posts, but I 'feel' that I should on this one 'cause I'm actually Hungarian (I just don't live there). so it's cool to see and read (about) your experiences. And that Vintage Store is Amazing •.•. I'm glad you liked it, (the photo's are very nice), and I hope that you're doing good atm. xx - also. It is a little early, but I already wish you a very merry Christmas and I hope you'll have an Amazing and Wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! I'm so happy that you are back here ♥ Are you from Budapest too or born somewhere else? You really need to check out the vintage store next time, it's heavenly! Next time I'll keep my eyes open for more of them :) I'm doing okey for this time of the year. Could be better but it's always like that. I hope you are well too and enjoy your Christmas to the fullest! Will spend it in Slovenia this year :') and also all my magical vibes to you for 2017(wow can't believe the year is already over again :o) ♥

      Delete
    2. Aah, that's really nice of you. No, I wasn't born there, but my whole family is Hungarian. I hope I'll be able to. - It's good that you're doing okay, and also a kind of sad that you're not doing at your best, but try to enjoy every little moment of every day as much as possible. I also could do better, but yeah, that's also always like that for me too. - I hope you'll enjoy Slovenia very much! x (yeah, time passes by very fast, but yet also quite slow... it's 'weird').

      Delete
  2. Hi Kimi! i love the way you write, you make everything sound like fun and really interesting. The pictures are awesome, they make me want to visit those beautiful places. This blog (and every page you've got) inspires me a lot because you are so stylish and passionate :). Hope you have a merry christmas this year and the best wishes from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear :3 Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. It really cheers me up and makes me want to write even more. It's the best gift you can make to me ♥ Also, have a beautiful Christmas time/new year and all my love back to Argentina ♥

      Delete
  3. i dont believe u ate pizza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos! I hope to visit Budapest one day. What camera and lens did you use? :)

    skinnydecxflatte.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete